Do you want the best WordPress website maintenance services?
Your WordPress site is managed for you by website maintenance services. Backups, updates, security, and website edits are all part of this.
We’ll go over some of the best website maintenance services for your WordPress site in this article.
What Are the Benefits of Using a WordPress Website Maintenance Service?
You are responsible for installing WordPress core updates, plugin and theme updates, and maintaining website backups if you run a self-hosted WordPress.org website.
Unless you use a managed WordPress hosting service like WP Engine, you’ll be responsible for all of these tasks.
You may believe that these tasks are consuming too much of your time, which you would prefer to spend on expanding your company.
This is where website upkeep services come in handy. The following are some of the services that a good website maintenance service should offer:
Your site should be backed up on a regular basis, often more than once a day, by the service. This means that if something goes wrong, you can quickly restore your site.
WordPress Support from a Pro
As a beginner, you may require assistance from time to time to resolve common WordPress errors.
You won’t have to waste time working through WordPress tutorials if your website maintenance service provides expert WordPress support.
It’s worth noting that support may be charged as an extra service in some cases. It isn’t always included in the basic website upkeep package.
Your website maintenance service will run automated scans to keep your site safe and secure. Most businesses can assist you in quickly dealing with issues such as malware or hacking attempts.
Note that many website maintenance services may charge an additional fee for malware removal. We recommend Sucuri because it is the best WordPress firewall plugin and all of their paid plans include free malware removal.
WordPress Updates on a Regular Basis
By keeping everything up to date for you, your website maintenance service will save you time. If you decide to update your plugins yourself
In light of this, here are our top recommendations for the best WordPress website maintenance services:
WP Buffs is a popular WordPress website maintenance service that offers cloud backups, emergency support, weekly website updates, speed optimization, and unlimited website edits, among other services.
They offer plans that are suitable for the average website owner as well as plans that are capable of handling eCommerce stores, membership sites, and more complex websites.
- WP Buffs will send you a nicely formatted.pdf report every week to let you know exactly what they’ve been up to on your site. For example, you’ll see a list of plugins that have been updated and when they were updated.
- They provide support for complex online stores (eCommerce), but you’ll need their most expensive plan for this.
- Throughout the day, WP Buffs keeps an eye on your site. If your site goes down, they’ll start fixing it within 60 seconds.
- Because WP Buffs has team members all over the world, support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- WP Buffs provides a white-label option. If you host WordPress websites for clients, this is very useful. WP Buff’s services can be used for your clients as if WP Buffs were a member of your own team.
- Malware removal is only included if you’re on one of their three most expensive plans.
- WP Buffs only updates plugins once a week, not on a daily basis. However, this does mean that they will have more time to test new plugin updates.
The cheapest plan is $67 per month. If you want priority support, malware removal, speed optimization, and a few other perks, you’ll have to pay $197 per month. If you pay annually, you will receive a discount.
Codeable is a service that allows you to hire WordPress experts. This could be a great way to find someone who can help you with a custom maintenance package.
You might, for example, hire a developer to assist you in making your website fast and secure.
Unlike Upwork or other freelance platforms, Codeable has a thorough vetting process in place to ensure that you only work with the most experienced WordPress developers.
- Codeable carefully selects the developers with whom they collaborate. You’ll be working with someone who has a lot of experience as a result of this.
- You have complete control over what you want. The majority of dedicated website maintenance services require you to choose from a set of options.
- You could use Codeable to get one-time help. For example, you might require assistance in setting up a WordPress membership website. You’ll be able to take care of the site on your own after that.
- Codeable has a support team that can walk you through the process of finding and working with a developer using their platform. It’s worth noting that they don’t actually provide WordPress support.
- You’ll need to have a clear idea of what you’re looking for. You’ll almost certainly be asked questions about your project by developers. It can be difficult to know what kind of assistance you require if you’re new to WordPress.
- You won’t know how much your project will cost until you start getting quotes, which usually happens within a day of posting it.
- Codeable will require an additional 17.5 percent payment (based on the estimated cost of your project). Even if the developer does not complete your project to your satisfaction, this fee is non-refundable.
Instead of a list of bids, Codeable will provide you with a single estimate. This is to avoid a “race to the bottom,” in which developers try to undercut one another, resulting in someone who is cheap but not necessarily skilled.
Their pricing is based on an hourly rate of $70 to $120, plus a 17.5 percent fixed service fee to Codeable.
GoWP is aimed at WordPress agencies and freelancers who provide services to their clients. They provide white-label assistance. This means you can use your own branding while their team takes care of the maintenance.
- The basic site maintenance plan costs $29 per month. This includes not only backups and updates, but also malware removal.
- The monthly fee for “maintenance + unlimited content edits” is $79 per month. This includes 24/7 support as well as a variety of small tasks (up to 30 minutes each) such as CSS tweaking, plugin installation, and more.
- Their “Visual Validator” software scans your site after you install plugins, taking snapshots of up to 20 pages and comparing them to previous versions. If anything changes, the GoWP team will be notified and will be able to check your site.
- You can use GoWP for both your own site and those of your clients.
The team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and aims to complete all tasks in no more than 8 hours.
- If you want tasks that take longer than 30 minutes, you’ll have to pay separately.
- WordPress freelancers and agencies are the target audience for GoWP. If you’re just using it on one site, you might notice that there’s a bit of a learning curve.
The basic maintenance plan for GoWP costs $29 per month, or $79 per month for maintenance plus unlimited content, CSS, and other edits.
You’ll need to pay for one-off tasks if you have complex tasks that will take more than 30 minutes each.
They also provide the option of hiring a dedicated developer for $1799 per month for your team.
Maintainn has a variety of plans to keep your website secure and up to date. Weekly plugin, theme, and WordPress updates are included in all plans. There’s also 24/7 security monitoring, so if your site is hacked, you’ll be notified.
Maintainn offers services like uptime monitoring and eCommerce support at the “Professional” or higher price plan levels.
- After a hack, the “Professional” plan and higher include free malware removal.
- Maintainn’s plans are less expensive than some of the other services we investigated.
- For all plans, there is live chat support as well as email support.
- You’ll receive a weekly report detailing what Maintainn has been up to on your site.
- Design and development services, as well as website hosting, are available through Maintainn. This could be a good option if you want a single company to handle all of your website’s needs.
- Only Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. EST, is live chat available. If you normally work on your site on weekends, this could be aggravating.
- If you want malware removal included for free, you’ll need the “Professional” plan or higher.
The Standard plan at Maintainn costs $59 per month. If you have an eCommerce site, you’ll need at least their “Professional” plan, which costs $179 per month.
The Enterprise plan, which costs $299 per month, is their most expensive regular plan. This includes features such as version control and a staging site. This makes it ideal for larger websites where multiple people may be working on them.
Valet provides maintenance packages that cover everything you’d expect. Backups, WordPress core updates, and plugin updates, among other things, are all taken care of. All updates are tested on a staging site before going live on your site.
- At $69 per month, the maintenance plan is clearly and simply priced. There are no different plans to choose from, and you only pay on a monthly basis.
- If you want, you can add additional WordPress support. This is an hourly rate that can be used for any WordPress job.
- The maintenance plan includes some items for which other providers charge significantly more. It provides uptime monitoring and support for eCommerce sites, for example.
- If you require additional WordPress support, you can do so. This is an hourly rate that can be used for any WordPress job.
- Before signing up, there isn’t much information on the site. For example, there are no frequently asked questions. This means that some things aren’t entirely clear. “Regular reporting” is promised in the maintenance plan, but it is unclear what this entails.
- Pricing could be more open and transparent. When you’re offered “Consultation & Support Hours” as part of a pre-purchase discount, it’s unclear how much these will cost.
- The maintenance plan does not include any assistance. You’ll have to pay an hourly fee if you have questions.
The monthly maintenance fee is $69 per month. You can hire a developer by the hour to do whatever you want with your WordPress site, but it won’t be cheap: $175 per hour or $150 if you pre-pay.
WP Maintainer is a WordPress site maintenance service that is simple to use. If you want, you can also pay for additional support and development time.
- WP Maintainer provides a free website scan. To get this, you’ll need to enter your email address, but you’re under no obligation to buy anything.
- A single $99/month maintenance plan is available. You are not required to choose between various plans.
- If your site is infected with malware, the maintenance plan includes site cleanup.
- For $99 per hour, you can add developer support. Most things you’d want to do with your website can be done with this, though it can’t be used for a complete redesign.
- Updates happen frequently, usually shortly after new versions of plugins, themes, or WordPress are released.
- If you need a new web host, WP Maintainer will set you up with one of their approved hosts for free when you sign up for their maintenance plan.
- There is no support included. You’ll have to pay if you have questions or need assistance with things like installing a new plugin or fixing a problem on your site.
- If you’re not satisfied, there’s no indication on the website that you’ll be able to get your money back.
The monthly maintenance plan is $99 per month. Support and maintenance time can be purchased for $99 per hour.
We hope that this article assisted you in locating the best WordPress website maintenance services.